The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Brick

For most of the day today, I was really looking forward to getting to the gym after work. But then I fell asleep on the train going home, and by the time the train pulled into my station, I thought about just going home. But I have not worked out very much in ther past 2 weeks and the triathlon is less than 6 weeks away. So I made myself turn right when exiting the train station (left takes me home). And then I decided to do an indoor brick. My first brick probably in 21 years! I took it slow and easy and kept the distances low, but it was surprisingly easy. I was pleasantly surprised at a low heart rate, even when I was running. I will see how my knees feel tomorrow but I plan to repeat next week, with a bit more intensity.

I bought a wetsuit. It wasn't cheap. I'm sure I won't spend that much on a dress for my cousin's bar mitzvah ( I am taking Leslie's advice-- I'm going to buy a new dress--preferably something sleeveless to show off my arms and shoulders).

2 comments:

Flo said...

The shirt is yours. Email me your address to fhulihee at gmail dot com and I'll put it in the mail today.

Vickie said...

Shelly, I saw your post on Flo's blog. I see we are about the same age and probably dealing with some of the same issues with this triathlon thing. Good luck on your upcoming race!