The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Ride

Today I drove to Hamilton in central New York. There is a funky conference center here, very laid back with cabins and a dining room overlooking the lake. I have a meeting that starts tomorrow at noon, so rather than getting up at the crack of dawn (it’s a 4+ hour drive), I drove up today. And I brought my bike. And my little Canon. I went for a fantastic ride in the late afternoon. It was all back roads, through farm country, over rolling hills (no killer climbs). The temp was in the mid 70s with big puffy clouds floating by. People working on the farms waved to me, and cars waited for me at intersections. And when I got back into town, I stopped at Maxwell’s for an ice cream cone. The only downside was being alone. I don’t mind being alone, but I just wanted to share the experience with someone who would appreciate it as much as I did.
Here’s my ride:

3 comments:

kttrue said...

Did you stay at the White Eagle? My mom was born in Hamilton. My grands and great grands are buried there. We used to have reunions at the White Eagle on Lake Moraine. Beautiful place. And beautiful pics you took.

Shelly said...

Yes, White Eagle!! This is the 2nd summer I've gone to a meeting there, and the 2nd time I brought my bike and had beautiful weather. I also took some pics strolling thru Colgate University.

leslie said...

Your ride looks and sounds wonderful!!!