The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Shift

There has been a noticeable shift in my ordinary life over the last month or so, because I bought the DSLR. I have become obsessed with my photography. I seek out photo ops. I spend too much time on Flickr. As a result, I have not been working out or blogging or cooking or watching TV (well, I am also obsessed with the Olympics, so I have been watching TV this past week. I will watch just about any Olympic event). But I digress. So I have been taking pictures of people on the street, musicians in Bryant Park, the view from a canoe, teenage girls camped out for the Jonas Brothers concert, Yankee Stadium, cyclists at a time trial, and statues and sculptures. I have been viewing my world monocularly, through the lens of a Canon XTi. I have been enjoying it immensely, but I need to start looking at everything with BOTH eyes OPEN. I need to get back to the gym. I have to get more productive both at home and at work. I want to catch up with my blogging buddies. Balance. I have to find balance........ ying...... yang....... priorities......... camera...... gym...... family...... laundry........ Olympics...... family........ job........ friends......... everything that defines an ordinary life.

No comments: