The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Friday, September 19, 2008

Gone Gone Gone

Gone Gone Gone.
That is what has happened to my swimming fitness. I now realize how far I had come because I'm back at the starting line. The good news is that I expect I will be able to get it back relatively quickly, if I stick with it. There are also 2 other women who have joined the team and have joined me in the slow lane. So I have company. The next day I was a little bit sore in alot of places-- my shoulders, my back, even my quads. But it actually felt really good to be back in the pool. The hardest part was making it happen.

The bike club had a dinner meeting on Wednesday evening with a presentation on nutrition. The speaker is a woman who has an education in nutrition and health counseling AND she's also a triathlete. Other than some specific suggestions, she didn't say anything I didn't already know. But it sure is good to hear it again and reinforce these concepts. Oatmeal for breakfast. Lots of greens. Smaller portions of animal protein. Reduce the dairy. Hydrate!!! I know what I should be doing.

I saw my friend Mabel at the dinner and she told me she has started swimming. She is also taking some lessons, starting this week. She wants to do a tri next season, and she wants me to do it with her. So that has got me thinking. Do I want to do another triathlon next summer? And the answer is yes and no. I am hoping that blogging about this will help me decide, so more to come.

No comments: