The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Friday, November 28, 2008

Family Time

Yesterday I spent Thanksgiving with my family-- DH and our 2 sons, my brother, sister-in-law and 2 nieces, and my mom (she came up from Florida). My sister-in-law is a fantastic cook and baker and prepares a Thanksgiving extravaganza. We ate in 3 "sittings"-- soup and salad -- then rest -- main meal -- then rest -- and dessert. And we all spent the rest time playing cards and board games. My brother and I both have memories of playing Michigan Rummy with our family, so we taught the kids how to play. It was hilarious. Son #2 is so much a member of the video generation, that he did not know how to shuffle a deck of cards or fan out the cards in his hand so he could see all of them. It's amazing how excited every one got when they played a money card and got a little pile of plastic poker chips! Then after dinner we played Cranium. DH and I were a team, and we got stuck on Creative Cat for most of the game! Do you have any idea how hard it is to draw an angel with your eyes closed! or draw a flying buttress. It was pretty funny listening to my brother hum Like a Virgin (Madonna). It was just so much fun to all be sharing this time together. I hope the 4 cousins will always have this memory and build on it for many years to come.

No comments: