The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Monday, November 24, 2008

The Return of WPS

WPS -- Winter Pre-Season.
Rather than wait for the new year to make resolutions and set goals, I prefer to start this process on the winter solstice. After all, the solstice marks a natural turning point, as daylight hours begin to increase. And having a plan in place on December 21 makes it a little easier to get through the feeding frenzy between Christmas and New Years Day.
And so I am announcing the beginning of WPS -- the Winter Pre-Season. I feel like I have let my good habits fall away and I am having difficulty being consistent about anything other than being inconsistent. Instead of focusing on eliminating my bad habits, I am going to spend the next 4 weeks focusing on building in the good habits. Clean eating. Food prep. Exercise diversity. Masters Swim Team. Time with people I love. Drinking water. Reading. Flossing!
Building on good habits forces out the bad habits, without really trying! With a solid foundation, I can put a realistic plan in place to achieve my goals for the coming year. I'm already thinking about those goals, too, but I'm getting ahead of myself. Right now I have to fill my water bottle!

No comments: