The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Sunday, December 21, 2008

12 Inches

Snow, 12 inches of snow. Today I met my friend Nick at the golf course with our snowshoes. Nick is a great athlete and during the winter he competes in snowshoe races. He was kind enough to slow down for me and we snowshoed about 3 miles around the golf course. It was still snowing when we started but it cleared up, the sun came out and it morphed into a beautiful afternoon. Moving through 12 inches of snow (even on snowshoes) is hard work! When we were done, I was done, but Nick took off for a 2nd loop around, with much more speed. Anyway, it was a great way to get outside and celebrate the winter solstice. Much better than burning calories on the treadmill or even the expresso bike!

1 comment:

Jon said...

Wow! You got dumped on with snow a lot more than us!

Thanks for the info on where you swim. Unfortunately thats a bit too far for me.

Happy Holidays!

-Jon