The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Getting it Right, Paying the Price

I have been back in the gym big time, putting all the pieces in play. Swimming, core, strength, cardio variety pack. It feels great to be moving and shaking, but boy do I feel it. I am really sore. Luckily I split my strength training between upper and lower body. So on any given day, at least half of my body is working. It's interesting to face the day with only half of my body in full action. All those "activities of daily living" that I just do, like climbing stairs, picking up money that you drop, reaching something on the top shelf, opening jars.... well, suddenly these tasks are not so easy, depending on which half of my body is working at full capacity. So the lesson here is once you get going, don't stop! Getting started again has a steep price.

No comments: