The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Monday, March 30, 2009

Bits and Pieces


I LOVE the feeling of spring emerging. I have been on my bike (155 miles in March!!!). I went hiking. I took pictures of my son playing baseball. I love seeing color at the very tippy top of the trees. I love hearing the frogs singing whenever I ride past a pond. I love sweating when I am wearing 2 or 3 layers of clothes to stay warm. I love knowing I have the spring and the summer ahead of me. I love being back with the GOB (Girls on Bikes). LOVE LOVE LOVE.



I have been trying to visualize how I want to look and perform when I am swimming. I see myself in the pool as if I am the coach standing on the pool deck. I see my long powerful strokes, my rotation, my head down, my breathing linked to my arms, and an easy flutter kick. And I think it is helping me swim better.

Speaking of swimming….. have you ever tried to swim with a large rubber band around your legs, just below your knees? Neither had I, until last week. And quite frankly, I hope I never have to do it again! The only way to move across the pool is to turn your arms really fast, keep your head down so you feel like you are swimming underwater, and rotate until you are almost doing the backstroke. After this one, my arms were sore for 2 days.

No comments: