The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Sunday, April 05, 2009

The Medicine Ball

I'm moving slow today, all because of a 6 pound medicine ball. After spin class and an upper body workout yesterday, I took the medicine ball down to the gym and did wall ball squats and wall slams. Wasn't really counting or anything, just doing something different since I had to workout indoors. I spent more time watching the kids on the other side of the gym play dodgeball, wishing I could play too. Well, today I am surprisingly sore in my lower back and glutes. There sure are alot of muscles in the human body, and I guess its easy not to use them. And all it took to rediscover them was a ball and a wall. It made me realize you really have to work at the total body thing, cross train, mix it up. And every once in a while, you have to suffer through a day or two of some really sore muscles that you rediscover.

No comments: