The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Sunday, June 14, 2009

18+34+48=100

The bike club has a tradition of long rides on the longest days of the year. Today is still a week short of the summer solstice, but today's schedule of rides included a double century, a 300k ride, a 1.5 century and a regular century. It would seem that today was the day to declare "I am not a weenie" and push up the mileage. And so I rose to the challenge with a 50 mile ride. If you don't live in the northeast than you don't know that we have had about 6 inches of rain in the last 30 days. It seems like it has been raining every day. So no surprise, it was raining all night, and at 7 am, it was drippy and dreary. But the forecast was for clearing skies, so off I went. To make a long story short, 4 of us rode the flat fast fifty. Except it was fairly flat (as flat as you're gonna get around these parts), kinda slow (12 mph) and forty eight (close enough to count as a half century). We rode in a light rain for the first hour, but then it started to clear and we ended with beautiful sunny skies. We had a lovely lunch along the way and overall, it was a great ride.

On Friday evening I rode 18 miles and yesterday I rode a tough 34 miles, so this was a 100 mile weekend. I know, I totally rock.

No comments: