The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Pool Love

I went swimming last night! It's been about 2 months since an inflamed shoulder forced me out of the pool. The doctor told me to take it slow, so I only did about half of the workout, but you have to start somewhere. I really felt like I was starting from scratch. I had to think about everything and it was very difficult to put it together. Breathing, arms, rolling to the air, kicking, timing. And then there's just the sense of not having the ability to kick it up a notch and survive. Right now I have 2 speeds-- slow and really slow. But the good news is that I did not have even the slightest twinge in my shoulder (although I did sense that my right shoulder is not as strong as my left) and it just felt great to be moving through the water. I feel fine this morning. My shoulders and arms aren't sore but I do feel like I did something last night. My back is a little sore, all those little core muscles are waking up. More pool love scheduled for tomorrow.

No comments: