The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Extraordinarily Ordinary

I have not been working out or spending much time on my bike since my 100 k ride, mostly because I have been spending more time doing other things. Sons #1 and #2 came home from working at Camp Shohola and I have been spending time with them, and preparing them both to go off to college. The weather has been uncooperative as well, and I have way too much work at work. Here are some observations from my extraordinarily ordinary life.

1. When sons #1 and #2 returned home from camp, they began to spread out until they have taken over the entire house. Their crap, oh I mean belongings cover every surface in virtually every room in the house. The house is a disaster zone. They do not have any of their crap in the master bedroom, they just REMOVE items that belong that they have no business removing. Then DH and I have to wade through all of their belongings looking for items they have attempted to assimilate into their possessions (EXAMPLE: power cord for my Mac).

2. There is not a twin XL sheet in a color other than pink to be found within a 40 mile radius of my home.

3. Young men (ages 18-20) eat enormous amounts of food and generate large quantities of dirty dishes. They also seem unable to turn on the dishwasher when it is full. Instead, they using mixing bowls, plastic utensils and empty yogurt containers to hold and eat the large quantities of food. It's one of those vicious cycles.

4. The Yankees are in 1st place. This is the way the universe is supposed to be arranged. This is normal. The new Yankee Stadium is one of my favorite places in this universe.

5. The hot flashes are ramping up. Now they occur during the day as well as overnight. I seem to be learning to live with this. As long as I am sleeping reasonably well, I think I can deal with it. Haven't gotten my period in 2 months.

6. I find the amount of cleavage on display during these summer months to be astonishing. The other day I was in a doctors office and the mother of a young boy desperately needed a larger shirt! Maybe I am old fashioned, but is that how people dress when they are taking their children to the doctor? (Maybe its the hot flashes talking).

7. My niece lost her job. She did marketing for a real estate company. She thought she would be okay even in this market because she was the only marketing person in the company. She didn't see it coming. Then her air conditioner broke and she got strep throat. Not a good week.

8. Project Runway is back. Yippee!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

i asked my 18 y/o cousin if he was hungry and he didn't know-it's a low-level feeling that's just always there :) have fun w/ your boyz!