The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Team Rock Stars

Several members of my Masters Swim Team competed in a regional Masters swim meet and totally kicked ass! In their age groups, Kirsten took 1st place in 100 Fly and 800 Free, and 3rd in 400 Free. Luke, at his first competitive swim event EVAR took 5th place in 50 Back. And Bey, our coach and former Olympian was 1st in 100 Fly and 100 IM. Congratulations! I am inspired to keep working on my swimming, so last night I got in the pool and swam hard. I worked hard enough that I actually felt like the pool was too warm (or maybe I was having a hot flash in the pool?!). 1900 yards later I got out and my arms were toast. I'm feeling the love this morning in my back and shoulders. Just enough to remind me that I worked hard and I need to do it again later today, this time on land.

No comments: