The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What Have I Gotten Myself Into!!

After some prodding and poking from some very athletic girlfriends, I registered for the More Half Marathon in Central Park on April 25, 2010. I am going to WALK 13.1 miles. There is a 3.5 hour cutoff, which translates to 16 minutes/mile. Now that may seem incredibly slow to some of you, but for those of us with short strides, maintaining that pace for 3.5 hours is a challenge. But challenge is good (at least for me). It motivates me and keeps me moving forward. I am a little concerned about my knees and toes. My knees definitely can't take the mileage required to train for and run a half marathon, that's why I have to walk it if I am going to do this. And my right big toe has a bone spur which means it doesn't bend real well and gets to hurtin'. But I am optimistic that I can find a way to do this. Advil, ice, and some common sense. So I think I am going to have to buy some sweatpants because it looks like I'm going to be spending alot of time outdoors this winter!! I'm also going to need some new high spirited playlists on the iPod!

No comments: