The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Sunday, February 21, 2010

7 Sixteens

Today was another beautiful winter day with crystal clear blue skies. The temperature was into the 40s, and I contemplated taking my bike out, but in the end I decided I need the time on my feet right now, so I mapped out a 7 mile walk from home.
        ✓        New New Balance 883 “straight last” sneakers
        ✓        2 pairs socks, over toes gooped up in anti-blister goop
        ✓        Almond butter, jelly & banana sandwich
        ✓        Full water bottle
        ✓        Hat and gloves
        ✓        Telephone
        ✓        Fully charged iPod and headphones to be worn under hat

No wonder it takes me so long to get ready for these winter excursions! I finally got out there fully equipped and I rocked it. My time was 15.5 minutes per mile. I must admit that training to walk a half marathon is proving to be more difficult than I thought it would be. I’ll see how I feel tomorrow, but after today’s miles, my legs were tired, my knees were weary, and my feet were a little sore. It’s also mentally challenging to go out for solo two-hour walk. I’m not sure why, but it’s much easier to be solo on my bike than on foot. I was looking for a way to challenge myself and I believe I have found it!

No comments: