The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Body Parts Part 2

The snowstorm on Wednesday brought just enough snow for some snowplay. On Friday I got out on cross country skiis, for a short tour. Then yesterday I went out on my snowshoes. After about 90 minutes of pushing through the snow covered trails, I realized I was exhausted! It was hard work. My knees were feeling stiff and weary last night, and although they felt better this morning, my shoulder was sore. I’m not sure what I did (if I did anything), but I decided that any activity involving poles was probably not a good idea. So I went out for a fast walk on the paved roads, wearing my new sneakers, without my orthotics, and 2 pairs of socks. My big toe was hurting, but I don’t think it was any worse than when I wear the orthotics. But my toes seemed happy.... no blisters!

No comments: