The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Monday, March 01, 2010

Not so Great Day

Yesterday I opted for snowshoes. I started at the Croton Dam, which is about 4 miles from my house. But with all the downed trees and power lines, I kept getting detoured. I drove about 20 miles to get there. It wasn't a very nice day, grey skies, slightly drippy. But off I went on my snowshoes, down the old aqueduct trail. I felt like I was snowshoeing through 15 inches of wet cement. It was brutal. This felt like exercise instead of an opportunity to experience the great outdoors. I persevered, ate a Larabar because I deserved a medal but all I had was a Larabar. Skiis would have been a much better option.
Snowshoeing in wet cement is tough on your knees. Remember that, the next time you are tempted to get out there after a cement storm.

1 comment:

Jon said...

that just sounds brutal! I hate it when snow is no longer "nice" snow and just becomes YUCK.