The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Friday, March 12, 2010

You Got to Be In It to Be In It

I've been struggling with my workouts for the past month. My shoulder got inflamed and although it quieted down within 2 weeks, I was afraid to get in the pool. Work has been very demanding and I found myself rolling out of bed at 5:30 once or twice a week to get to work by 8:00 (my commute into nyc is about 75 minutes door to door). That has made it tough to get to Masters Swim workouts from 7:30-9:00 pm. And then I think I was just in a kind of funk. But things seem to be coming together and I am getting back into my groove. The Cycle Club had their "Ride Leader Party" to say thank you to everyone who has led rides for the club in the past year and to encourage members to become ride leaders this season. What fun to see my club friends from A to D! That definitely got me psyched for the bike. So I took my bike to the LBS (local bike shop) for the tune up and went out for my first ride! Last weekend, unlike this weekend which is going to be a total washout) was beautiful with temps into the high 40s and it felt great to be on the road with a few of my sisters in the saddle. I followed that up with a yoga class which really helped loosen me up. Then I finally got back in the pool last night. I did a very easy swim and my shoulder is feeling fine today.

So I am back in it. Now I have to stay with it. The half marathon is not the far away! 6 weeks. This weekend we change the clocks! That will be a pick-me-up. I can feel the energy starting to flow out of the ground into the air as we approach the vernal equinox. I'm psyched.

No comments: