The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Cupcake

I have been trying to watch what I eat in order to lose a few extra pounds. I've been doing well, but the pounds are slow to come off. It's frustrating. I don't feel deprived, but today I gave in to the temptation of something sweet.

There is now a Magnolia Bakery in Grand Central Terminal in the food court. Magnolia Bakery is famous for their cupcakes. The cupcakes are small and the icing is big. The cupcakes are expensive. A "special" cupcake is $3.25. Maybe that's a good thing because it's ridiculous to buy these cupcakes more often than once a millenium.

So I ate this cupcake. It was only a few bites and it was delicious. But then it was this blob in my gut that made me feel crappy. This little cupcake defeated me. That's probably also a good thing because I won't be tempted to eat one of those beautiful little cupcakes again. At least not in this millenium.

1 comment:

Patti L. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.