The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

DNS

DNS, did not start on Sunday.
Sunday was the More Half Marathon, a big NYC women only event.
I was registered to walk this, my quest for 13Sixteens (which became 13Eighteens when the cutoff was extended to 4 hours). I found training for this much more difficult than I had anticipated, both physically and mentally, but I was prepared for it. Bring on the blisters! I planned to meet my nieces there as well as a few of my triathlete friends (they all ran it). But on Saturday the weather forecast could not have been much worse. Cold hard rain all morning. And I made the decision that I did not want to wake up at 5 am in order to be on the starting line at 8 am so I could spend 4 hours walking in that cold hard rain. As I explained to my friends, it just wasn't that important to me. It's probably a good thing that I didn't spend those 4 hours walking in the rain because by Sunday night I was sick. I am starting to feel a little better but still mostly crappy. Hopefully I will be back on my horse (bike) in another couple of days...... next up a sprint tri on June 5.

1 comment:

Jon said...

Spectating in that rain for 2 hours was no fun either! I tried to look for you, but everybody blended in with miserable frowns on their faces. Interesting how the weather was 90 degrees EXACTLY one year ago for this race?!?!

Which sprint are you doing? Cya on the 11th!