The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Friday, May 14, 2010

Beat Repeat

I had the day off on Thursday because I was supposed to be out of town, but when that changed, I decided to take the day off anyway. I usually work 4 days a week, and I am off on Fridays. Therefore, I have 4 days to get some work done in preparation for the Pawling triathlon, which is only 3 weeks away. The formula has been pick two, eat, sleep, repeat. Tomorrow is likely to be one of the most perfect being outside days of 2010. I am going to take advantage of that with a longer ride, with many hills. The ride alone may be enough to trash my legs. I'm actually looking forward to beating myself up! Makes me feel alive when I push and the road pushes back.
Here is an unexpected gift from Thursday's ride. I was heading down the bike path, just minding my own business, when 2 woment told me to slow down and look up.


1 comment:

Diane said...

An amazing photo. What a lovely moment on the bike!

I've put your blog up on my blog so that I can be sure to keep in touch :)