The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

No Sox

I usually have extra everything in my gym bag. So imagine my surprise when I got to the gym and realized I had no socks. Now, I know what my DH would do in that situation. He would work out without socks. But I hate not having socks. Faced with lemons, I made lemonade. I got in the pool and started swimming. I didn't do a swim workout. I just swam laps. The Pawling Triathlon has a 1/3 mile swim, so I swam 600, just trying to find my rhythm and keep it going. That went down easy so I did 2 more of those. Sweet.

It was one of those evenings when I fell asleep on the train on the way home and I briefly tried to talk myself out of going to the gym. But I knew there would be no free pass tonight. Then when I put my feet in the water, it was cold and tried to think of a reason why I shouldn't get in the pool, but I knew I was being utterly ridiculous. I'm glad I got it done because it really felt good. And how I have learned to love the lingering smell of chlorine.

No comments: