The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Monday, July 05, 2010

Whole Lotta Nuthin Going On

It's been 2.5 weeks since my crash, and I have spent most of my time doing..... not much. I did go back to work this past week, and while it was mostly okay, it did wear me down. I still get dizzy at times, nothing terrible, but enough to keep me in low gear. I am learning that brains need sleep, and given the opportunity, I sleep a little bit more than I would normally, and I have been sleeping well. I am trying to slowly decrease the degree of nothingness in my daily life without overdoing the amount of somethingness. This holiday weekend also gave me the chance to get out and about and interact with some friends and that made me happy!
I have not worked out at all since the crash. My goal for this week is to see what happens when I elevate my heart rate. Obviously I need to do that in a safe environment, where I won't hit the pavement or drown if I start to feel like I am doing cartwheels. Slowly but surely, I am on the road to recovery.

No comments: