The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Saturday, August 07, 2010

Drop Tail Bibs

A couple of months ago the bicycle club had a fashion show. One of the women modeled her Pearl Izumi drop-tail bibs. Folks who do wear bibs have told me that they are much more comfortable than plain shorts, especially on longer rides because you don't have a waistband cutting into your middle. I have never worn cycling bibs, because you have to get almost naked if you have to pee. But these "designed for women" cycling bibs feature a "trap door." The bib is hinged in the back, with a tail that tucks in to make sure you are covered while riding. I decided to purchase a pair and I wore them today. And I am going to wear them tomorrow. And I might have to buy another pair. They are super comfortable and my trips to the ladies room were accomplished as easily as advertised. The bib straps are super stretchy so I hardly noticed them on my shoulders or across my sports bra. Not having a waistband is more comfortable, and the elastic gripper legs have "just right" tension. They are a little pricey, but I'm very glad I bought them. My sisters (of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Bike Shorts) are going to be jealous!

Today was a beautiful summer day and I enjoyed a beautiful bike ride. So glad to be back on my bike.

No comments: