The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Burn Baby Burn




The snowstorm brought a foot of beautiful snow. It all happened overnight. I knew I wasn't going to work today, so I slept a little late, and when I awoke, the roads were clear and the driveway was plowed. NICE!! A couple of phone calls and by noon 7 of us descended upon Rockefeller State Preserve for an afternoon of cross country skiing through the fresh powdery snow. It was awesome. We worked hard. Once we got away from the lake (the most popular trail in the park), we had to set tracks through the deep snow. Nick was the only one on snowshoes and his track helped establish a path. We were out there for several hours, burning up the calories. When we were done, we hit the Wobble Cafe, for some delicious refueling. I have to work tomorrow, but I am psyched to get out there on Friday, hopefully on snowshoes to switch it up.

No comments: