The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

2.5 Weeks of Elimination

So it's been 2.5 weeks on the elimination diet. And it's going well. DH and I are focusing on what we CAN eat, instead of what we cannot eat. We've been eating high quality, nutrient dense foods and we both feel good. Happily,we have both lost weight. Just by changing what I eat, those last pounds from "the change" are starting to come off. I am surprised by how not hungry I am, but when I think about that, it makes sense. I have eliminated all the processed carbs from my diet, and replaced them with fresh foods that require my body to do all the processing. It takes longer, and blood sugar levels don't spike and plunge. There have been times when it has been hard to not stray, but the key to staying on course has been really focusing on food prep and making sure I have the right foods with me. In a way, this has been empowering. Good choices beget more good choices. I was home today because of the ice storm, and I made a big pot of split pea soup. But I must admit, I was really craving a big piece of crusty bread.

2 comments:

RockStarTri said...

A lot of wisdom in "Good choices beget more good choices. " Good stuff.

Chicago Bears Fan said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Bread is a big weakness of mine, fresh out of the oven, with some butter....oh boy. But kudo's to you for making the changes needed to make a healthier you!