The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Friday, February 18, 2011

On My Mind -- Teacups





My mother-in-law collected these beautiful teacup sets. Each set has a cup, saucer and small plate. At one point in time, she decided it was time to pass them on. There were about a dozen sets. She gave half of them to me and half to her daughter. My sister-in-law doesn't have room to display them, so eventually she gave hers to me as well. Right now those are put away. Today I was just looking at the tea cups. They are so pretty and they remind me of my mother-in-law. She's been gone for 3 years now. She was a wonderful lady and I am so lucky that I had such a great relationship with her.


5 comments:

The Professor's Wife said...

These tea cups are simply exquisite! How special to have such lovely heirlooms.

Maria said...

Those cups and saucers are beautiful! My late MIL adored beautiful china such as those and had a large collection featuring about 30 different cups and saucers. I didn't inherit them but while she was alive she would give me a cup/saucer/plate set of Doultons Old Country roses design...I have 9 altogether and treasure them too!

Buttons said...

Hello They are beautiful tea cups and the memories attached to them are irreplaceable. B

stayathomemummy said...

what beautiful cups, I love to be surrounded with items that remind me of people/lovely memories, I am currently working on decluttering my home to make sure that the special things to me are on display or are used rather than hid away x

Lori said...

Those are lovely!