The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bah Humbug

I know it's not Christmas.... Can I be a St. Patrick's Day Grinch. I have grown to really dislike St. Patrick's Day. I have nothing against the Irish. It's about all the people who use St. Patrick's Day as an excuse for behaving badly. I work on 42ns St. Between 5th and 6th Avenues, which is prime parade territory, especially for all the folks who come into Grand Central Terminal. When I stepped out at lunch time to grab a sandwich, the sidewalks were jam-packed with Green People, most of whom were just behaving loudly, not necessarily badly. The really bad behavior was much more evident on the train ride home. The train was jam-packed with drunk Green People, and one of them decided to smash a glass bottle over the head of another. There was blood, vomiting, and a prolonged wait at the next station until the police could take the badly behaving people off the train and an ambulance could take the bloody bottle smashed person to the hospital.

My bah humbug kinda day continued when I arrived at Mavis Tires because I got a flat yesterday, probably from driving over one too many potholes. Tis the season for flats.... The roads around here are in BAD shape from all the plowing this winter. Now I knew I was going to need 2 new tires because the 2 front tires needed to be replaced anyway, but that morphed into 4 new tires. Ouch! It's going to take them about 2 hours to get to my car and get this done...... so here I sit at the nearby Panera's, sucking on their free wi-fi, for which I am grateful. Even the grinch can find something for which to be grateful.

No comments: