The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Saturday, May 14, 2011

On My Mind...Quail Eggs



I'm lucky enough to live just a few miles from a real working farm. Now, some of you might not think that is a really big deal, but I live in Westchester County, which is a fairly wealthy suburb of NYC. Just about every farm in Westchester has been sold to developers to build McMansions. But the family that has owned the farm since 1939 has fought mightily to keep the farm and sell their products directly to the community. Their organic meat is fabulous. Today I stopped in and I bought these quail eggs. I placed a "regular" chicken egg in the photo so you can appreciate how tiny the quail eggs are. I've never eaten quail eggs, but they are so beautiful that I can only imagine how beautiful they must taste. I'm thinking of just boiling them and then putting them in a salad. Anybody have any other ideas on other ways to prepare quail eggs?

This blogpost is inspired by Rhonda's Friday Photo Feature on her Down-to-Earth blog.


No comments: