The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Friday, June 17, 2011

Thacher State Park

On Thursday morning, I got up real early to drive to Thacher State Park. I didnt remember how long the Indian Ladder Trail is, so I left myself plenty of time so I wouldn't be rushed. The trail is fairly short, maybe a half mile. Its not really strenuous either (except for the stairs at the beginning and end of the trail). It is more a walk that should be savored for the beauty of the cliffs and vistas of the valley. I'm so glad I made the time to visit. I was there for about an hour, took about 50 photos with my little Canon, and then finished my journey to Rensselaerville (only 18 miles away).

I was going to visit the Huyck Preserve today on my way home, but it's a foggy rainy day, not a good day for the great outdoors. Oh well. So I downloaded and edited the photos from Thacher. Here's a few:








No comments: