The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Friday, July 01, 2011

One Speed

Today I did something I haven't done in many months......
I got in the pool.

It wasn't easy, but that's the price I have to pay for staying away so long. I tried not to overthink it, instead I just got in and kept going. I realized I only have 1 speed in the pool-- SLOW. It wasn't pathetically slow, but I really couldn't modify it very much. Try to go faster, start huffing and puffing, try to go slower and sink. But it felt great to be moving through the water. I need to do this more often.

I tried to do some kicking but I didn't bring my fins. The fins that the club has are really in bad shape and none of them really fit so that didn't work too well. Time to throw the fins in my car, along with my helmet and bike gear. Next time I will be ready. Remind me that I need to do this more often.

No comments: