The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Riding on An Autumn Summer Day

I feel like I have been neglecting my bike for the past 2 weeks, so I made a promise to myself by posting a ride on the club's ride board. I have to show up if I'm the ride leader! During the week, the club's ride board belongs to the retired and self-, un-, under- and part-time employed. Today I had Mary Ellen (self-employed) and Elliott (retired) join me (part-time employed). It was surprisingly hot, it certainly felt like a summer day, but the leaves are starting to change and line the sides of the road. Halloween decorations are starting to show up and the cider mill is open. But I will take a summer day any time of the year. It sure felt good to be rolling down those roads, climbing those hills, and getting a good sweat going. It made me happy!

DH and I are helping son #1 move down to Arlington VA this weekend, so there will be no time-on-bike. Might have to get out there again on Friday.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Arlington!! That's where I live. Maybe you've seen this video?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T1RMuoQnKo

I've lived here a total of almost 4 years and I LOVE Northern Virginia. Have a great weekend!!