The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Better

Getting better, getting back into synch, making better choices.

I still have some "issues," most notably my left hand. I probably injured the ligament that runs between the wrist and the thumb. Just about everything makes it hurt, still taking 2 advil every morning. It's going to take a long time to heal. Last week I had the giant butt hematoma "aspirated." I will spare you the details, but it involved lidocaine and a needle. The hematoma is much smaller and I am able to move about much more without any discomfort..... but I'm beginning to think my butt may never return to its pre-smash dimensions.

I have been more active, both indoors and outdoors. Some of my friends have been hiking, but I worry about keeping up for 7 or 8 miles, so I have been doing my own walking thing. I contemplated taking Nirvana (my hybrid bike) to the bike path, but it was a little too cold to be riding that slow! So I opted for a spin class. I haven't done any weight lifting because of my hand, but I think I might try using stretchy strength bands.

Being more active has definitely made want to make better food choices as well. It's still difficult to avoid all the holiday "extras" but at least I'm not having pumpkin pie for breakfast. I've been putting more time into cooking and food prep.

So things are getting better. My body is healing and my mind is thinking better thoughts. Looking forward to the next 2 weeks, visiting with friends and family, getting ready to move into the new year.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

i still can't believe you got hit by a truck!!! wishing you a comfortable, healing, healthy, and relaxing new year :)