The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Monday, January 02, 2012

Just Do It


I'm not big on new year resolutions. I do think about the year past and about keeping some guiding principles in play. It's more like a reaffirmation of what is important to me followed by a little pep talk with myself. I know what I need to do, now I need to just do it.

The year past certainly had many high points, most notably watching our children spread their wings and turn big corners in their lives. But the last 6 weeks of the year were rough..... Shelly v Truck sent me into a dark corner both physically and mentally. So one of my themes for 2012 will be getting out of that corner and being more active in many aspects of my life.

Yesterday I met a bunch of friends at the Rockies (the Rockefeller Preserve) for a nice walk. What a beautiful day, it certainly felt more like spring than January 1st. The we had a lovely brunch at Pat's house. The day was capped off by the Giants defeating the Cowboys. It was a good start, hopefully more good days ahead.



No comments: