The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Finding Motivation

I have been doing better, but still feel like I’m not 100% there. Yesterday, I took advantage of not having to commute to work and went to the gym early. This was good! And it felt great to be pushing and pulling those weights. I was home early enough to go out for a bike ride on a really beautiful day but I never got off my butt. This was bad, a lost opportunity. I have been lazy about preparing food, and I know I have gained back a few pounds. I’m not worried about that, as long as I get my act together those pounds will come off fairly easily. So I have been searching for some motivation to get it together. I have been reading the blogs of some totally awesome women and they certainly inspire me—check out the accomplishments of Heather and Nancy. Then there’s the perseverance of Slem and the wisdom of Kyra. I thank Flo for the reminder that once in a while, you’re going to have an off day, and Skwigg for reminding me why it’s important to keep going even if you have an off day. So in the spirit of moving on and getting my act together, I have been doing a good job with food today and working on emptying the bottle of water on my desk. I am going to the Yankee game tonight so I won’t be working out, but I will get my gym bag packed up tonight so I can get there tomorrow. The last few weeks have been very busy, but next week son #2 is off to camp to join his brother, and DH and I will have 7 weeks without children. Yes, I am spoiled. My kids have been going to sleep-away camp for 6 years now! Although we don’t have a big vacation planned, we do hope to put together some getaway weekends. We will be spending July 4th weekend at a resort in the Poconos with my mom, brother, sister-in-law and nieces. Plan to bring the bikes up to provide opportunity to burn some of the extra calories we are bound to consume. The last weekend in July DH and I are going to ride the Harlem Valley Rail Ride and I made a reservation at a B&B for the weekend. I am planning on riding the 50 mile option. Looking forward, taking it one day at a time.

1 comment:

Lady Sue said...

HI Shelly....yep blogs are great for motivation..and you are one of my favorites...just remember that no one is perfect 100% of the time..but it's the getting back into the game that counts....You Rock girl...
Awwww...time alone with the hubby, no kids..how cool is that? I know you'll definately make good use of the time...
Sue