The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I Am Cranky

Last night I had too much to do around the house to go to the gym.  I made dinner.  I cleaned up the kitchen.  I hemmed a pair of pants for son #1 who needs "something nice" to wear 1 night during school trip to Mexico. I watched American Idol.  Most of the contestants were mediocre. I folded several loads of laundry which had been sitting in laundry baskets for several days.  I prepared 2 more loads of laundry with specific directions so son #1 can get it going when he gets home from school.  I tried to set up TIVO to record final episodes of Sex and the City but other scheduled recordings plus son #2 needing to watch Yankee game made this impossible.  I stayed up until midnight to watch final episodes of Sex and the City.  The reconciliation of Carrie and Big was unrealistic—fairy tale ending was a disappointment.  DH’s alarm woke me up at 5:30 am (now I know how he feels 4 days a week when I get up before him, but usually I wake up before my alarm goes off and turn it off), fell back to sleep only to have my alarm go off at 6:00. I’m tired.  The weather sucks. Tonight is likely to be more of the same.  No gym--library, food shopping, preparing DH to prepare son #1 to pack for Mexico, reviewing carpooling and food for the 3 days I will be away.  I am not looking forward to driving 5 hours tomorrow to Plattsburgh! Ahh well, this is the way life works.  But I still have the right to be cranky.      

No comments: