The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Monday, January 09, 2006

The Family Thing

DH and I had several conversations about what he needs to do to lose some weight and what we can do to get the kids to a better place. He has identifed some of his "weak spots," which he calls the 3 Bs-- bread, beer (and wine) and before bed (after dinner). He is now keeping a daily log-- the accountability part is key, IMHO. And he is giving up the alcohol. Son #1 is signing up for a teen spinning class that starts in Feb, and son #2 will be going to a "get ready for baseball" workout twice a week. I have just under 3 months until my 50th birthday, and I feel great about it. Hopefully I will lose a few more pounds and bring my BF down a bit, but I'm starting the year in a good place, with a strong foundation, a support system, and a plan to keep going in the right direction! Hopefully we can keep this family thing going, because we can all do better. Isn't that what family is about, anyway?

No comments: