The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Cabin Fever and Body Fat

The non-stop rain is starting to make me craaaaaazy. I picked up my bike on Thursday but scheduling made it difficult to get in even a little loop. I thought I might be able to get a ride in on Friday afternoon, but the rains came. Saturday it rained hard, all day, 3-4 inches worth. Sunday I drove for 5 hours thru misty drizzly to RI to MP's surprise 50th birthday party, which was wonderful. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday has been more of the same. And so far there seems to be no end in sight. Aaargh. I am hoping the sun comes out this weekend. Even a cloudy day would be nice, as long as it stops raining!! I want outdoor miles. I crave the Trek.

Saturday morning I went to spin class and it was a weather induced spinning reunion. Anybody who has ever taken a spin class showed up and every bike was taken (including the instructor's bike). It was fun! Everyone was singing along as we conquered "all terrain." On Monday I worked with MPT since Thursday is a holiday. That was the last session in my package, and I decided I am not ready to stop so I bought another 10 sessions. And yesterday I made it to Endurance spin class, which is my favorite. TT made us find our groove at a cadence of 20 and then stay there for 10 minutes. Recover for a few minutes and repeat 4 more times. She turned off the lights and lit a candle so we could find our inner spinning zen. Couldn't see my HR monitor, but at this point, I have a pretty good idea of where I am based on how I feel. This turned out to be a good way to turn inward and work with that.

I finally made note of my body fat. We have the scale, but I have been so tuned into the pounds that I never paid much attention to the body fat. Now I wish I had because I knowit has come down and I would love to know how much. I do know that right now it is 23%. My weight hovers around 110. On Saturday I went shopping and bought 3 pairs of pants for work and 3 pairs for everything else. Clothes that I bought last year are too big. Older clothes that were tight are now a perfect fit. I am down one size to a 6P. My arms and shoulders are looking good. Gotta drink more water!!!

No comments: