The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Friday, February 03, 2006

8.5 lbs. of Fat

I set up the crockpot to make vegetarian chili. This time I decided to make it a little spicier, but I think I overdid it. Must have added too much tabasco, because it is too hot for me! DH and son#1 like it, but I had my first and last cup of that batch of chili! I thought of packing it up and bringing it to the Superbowl party on Sunday, but my son said, "mom, you can't do that to those innocent people!" I went back to the gym for spinning class- strength. As soon as I started warming up, my HR started going up more than usual. Well, in a strength class the whole purpose is to bring up your HR in intervals, so my HR was definitely up there! When it got up to the 80-85% range, I could definitely feel a diffference in my breathing-- I guess I was going anaerobic. That was a good indication that I've got my HR zones set up where they should be. I still felt like my HR exceeded my effort, and I guess there are any number of explanations for that. I think it was the chili. Oh, and when I got home I switched to black bean soup.

Today I weighed 107 lbs, and body fat was 19%. Wooohooo. I am not convinced that I will stay here, I will probably bounce back up, but I know I am headed in that direction, and that I can get here. Eventually I will be able to stay here. So I did some calculations. If I started at 114 and 25% bf, I have lost 7 lbs but 8.5 lbs. of fat! I guess I have been conditioned to go with the scale and consider pounds as the ultimate outcomes measurement, so this was quite a surprise to me. Gosh, I like it. This is a picture of 1 lb. of fat, 3500 calories. Imagine if all your fat was in bright neon colors like this blob. There would be alot of neon rainbow people in the world.

I noticed today that my pants have gotten longer. I am not filling them out as much around my hips, so they are definitely longer.

I watched The Biggest Loser the other night. How great is it that a 16 year old was able to reverse all the warning signs of diabetes, and that her parents are backing her up 200%.

No comments: