The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Promotion to Level C

I have been promoted to level C!  I rode with the club on Saturday, 27 miles on the bike path.  On the way back, the leader picked up the pace to the equivalent of a C ride, so we averaged 12+ mph.  It was very pleasant, and I enjoyed having the opportunity to ride with some other people instead of alone.  On the ride home, I definitely pushed to stay with the group, which I would not have done if I was alone.  On Monday I went down to SUNY for the new member “E” ride (E for easy?).  Parking Lot #2 at 9 am on the weekends/holiday is bike riders central.  There was at least one other club ride going out, and there were at least 50 bike riders linking up for various rides.  Hey, for once I rode at the front of the pack.  I even opted for the optional 6 mile “challenging” loop.  There were about 20 people on the ride, and then 5 of us took the optional loop—the leader, the co-leader and his wife, me and JR (who was riding a recumbent).  The leader complimented my form and loved my Trek.  Black Trek, you rock! Overall, I am psyched, I enjoyed the riding, even when it was low key, and my confidence continues to build.  I now see where I was, where I am now (in 4 months) and where I can be.  Hope to make the most of the rest of the season.  

On Sunday I went hiking with the club group.  We had about 12 people and 4 labs.  We hiked the Hudson Highlands which was relatively close to home.  It was a spectacular day.    

Reading:  All the Kings Men
Watching: 30 Days on TIVO
Weighing:  110-

No comments: