The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The New Senator

I attended my first University Faculty Senate meeting on Friday and Saturday, as the new senator representing my campus. I actually felt important, even though I only listened and did not have anything to add to the discussions. Everybody in attendance made me feel welcome and important. They conducted their business as if their work is important, too. I think I will wait and see before rendering my judgement on that. The meetings were in a historic railroad headquarters building, which is now home to Administration. It's an amzing building, including an art gallery in the lobby, that runs the length of the building. I wish I had brought my camera. I seem to have that sentiment often of late. On the way up, I stopped and had dinner with CC and family. We haven't seen each other in very many years, and it was great to have the chance to catch up and spend time with her, her hubby, son and daughter. I hope we can maintain that reconnection.

On the home front, Niece #2 started her new (and first real) job yesterday. Brother is relieved and very happy. Nieces will move into apartment in early October.

Reading: Empire Falls
Listening: On the Media
Watching: Sex and the City Season 2

No comments: