The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Another Notch

Heading into the homestretch, my birthday is March 31. This last week has been less than ideal. Today DH and I had to go to a funeral, which required 4 hours in the car. I planned to get up early and go to the gym, but that just didn't happen. I only worked out 3 times this week, and I definitely miss those endorphins!! Tomorrow I am going to see the Allman Brothers (yeah, still love rock and roll), so I won't be working out. I do plan to finish out this challenge with renewed commitment and energy. Usually when I miss a few days I get to the gym with tons of energy. That's how I plan to start the next 50 years!
After running 5 miles yesterday, I started thinking about a) running on the roads (yes, running up and down the hills, stop being such a wimp) and b) running a 10K. I'm thinking about it, haven't made the commitment yet. I worry a little bit about the stress on my soon to be 50 year old knees. And with spring just around the corner, I know I am going to crave my bike (with new Terry Butterfly saddle which is my birthday present). What a terrible decision-- does the 50 year old lady train for a 10 k or does she ride up and down the hills on the black Trek? OK, so I'm not choosing between the NYC marathon and a century ride, but I'm pretty proud of myself. I know I am far more fit than most women my age, and I know there's lots more room for improvement. The warm weather yesterday really got me psyched for spring. As Emeril says, time to "kick it up another notch!"

No comments: