The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Friday, March 24, 2006

Worldwide Triathlon This Weekend

I can do this: 1/4 mile swim, 15 mile bike, 3.2 (5 k) run. Split the events over 2 days if you want or need to. Inside or outside, change the distances, just commit to doing a triathlon over the weekend. What a great idea! What a great way to celebrate my 50th birthday. P.S. Big Toe update: arthritis and a bone spur, to be treated conservatively. Anti-inflammatory (Aleve) 2x/day x 7 days, begin taking glucosamine, soak in epsom salts 2x/day, tape big toe to second toe when working out, OTC orthotics (this may not work- tried a few and they were uncomfortable). No restrictions on running, but avoid high heels (as if I wear high heels to begin with).

1 comment:

Lady Sue said...

Shelly, You go Girl...I'm scared to death of water, never learned to swim but if I knew how I would do this...Maybe a biatholan is what I need.
Thanks for coming to my blog and your kind words...
I'll be checking back to see how you did.