The Ins and Outs of an Ordinary Life

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Thinking Alike

I have been reading alot of blogs lately, and I have found many that have written about a new attitude for the new year. It almost seems silly to write something of my own, when other people have written it so well. Great minds do think alike.
So here are a few excerpts:

From kyra:
It's time to stop thinking about fitness as something extra or additional to ADD to our lives. It's time to look at it as something that was taken away. Something that went missing, and we're left with a gaping hole. Maybe it was filled up with something - but it isn't the right thing. It's time to figure out how to fix the problem.It isn't Extra-cise. It's life. It's time to start living it to the fullest by being the best you can be with all the pieces in the right order, and in the right spots.

From Jim:
The greatest excuse in the world doesn't offset the tremendous regret and disappointment you feel when you aren't living up to your standards. Yes, I will have setbacks and disappointments along the way but I still keep coming back to the simple and profound truth...I can't accept doing anything less than my best. I say ditch the debate and just get to the gym... Don't let setbacks and difficulties twist you into thinking that exercise and fitness aren't important.

From annalisa:
But I guess I am saying is that you only have one body, and one life, so you'd better take care of what you've got - NOW. And you should be (I should be... I am, actually) grateful for your ability to run and do all the things in your life that you like to do, because there will come a time when you can't do those things any longer - be it from old age, or something more sudden and surprising. No one really knows what life has in store for them. At any given moment, your world can be turned upside down. Life can kick your ass, and life can end in a matter of weeks, or days, or even hours, if that's the way things play out. So make the most of it. Get out there and live a little. No, go out and live a lot. I know I will be.

No comments: